gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

gfx gfx
gfx
881 Posts in 318 Topics by 203 Members - Latest Member: yellow05gt April 17, 2014, 10:27:21 am
gfx*HomeHelpSearchLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: 05 to 09 mustang water leak ?  (Read 2895 times)
cobraf69

« on: January 26, 2009, 12:40:05 pm »

I had a water leak in my mustang and could not find were it was coming from my passenger floor board was always getting soaked.  I took it to Downs Ford Service Dept and they found the leak right away . They are great people to deal with and had no hassle. I found out after talking to other people they had the same problem. I would call Downs Ford Service Dept and ask for Jim he was great in helping me with my problem ! Smiley
« Last Edit: January 26, 2009, 01:06:13 pm by riccardi » Logged

kdphoto

« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2009, 06:17:04 pm »

My dealer wanted to charge me $500 to clean out the problem.  After I did some research I found out all you have to do is open the hood, look at firewall there are two rubber grommets with a small long slit in the bottom of each.  Stick you finger in the slot and clean out the leaves and such and the water will clear.  Something the dealer won't tell you.  By the way the dealer was Maroone Ford in Fort Lauderdale.
riccardi
Global Moderator

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2009, 06:17:28 am »

Yeah we had a few that had some debris in them but still did not fix it. The fix is to take the Passenger fender off completely and water test along the outer most seam where the two are pinch welded together and sealed. We clean out all the old sealer and use a brush on sealer from top to bottom and let dry for 24 hrs. Since we have done it this way we haven't had any return. I will post a picture of the next one we do here so you can see exactly what I am talking about. We have at least 2 a week  come in for the repair.

Rick Riccardi
NMRA Hot Street #3707
Downs Motorsport Mgr
Thanks to my Crew Dennis Varga!
gfx
Pages: [1] Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx gfx